January is National Mentoring Month, and to celebrate this month the library has created a display featuring books and information about mentoring.
According to author, Curtis Crawford, mentors can be:
- A learning partner
- A confidential sounding board
- A non-judgmental counselor
- A navigator, one who knows the ropes
- Someone to provide a reality check
- A champion for your cause
- A coach to shore up your weaknesses
- A facilitator to broaden your networks and perspectives
- Someone who holds you accountable
- A guide to help you see beyond the horizon
Source: Crawford, C.J. (2010). Manager’s Guide to Mentoring. Chicago, IL: McGraw-Hill Companies.