Wednesday, November 12, 2014

The Little Things

While the library staff is thankful for many serious things this Thanksgiving, our families, our health, and our faith, we are thankful for little things too. Here are two books we have in the library that I, Hilary, am thankful for this year.


Pocketful of Posies: A Treasury of Nursery Rhymes

By Sally Mavor

Call #: JF M

The nursery rhymes of my childhood are paired with incomparable hand-sewn characters and pieces to make a lovely book for children. I’m thankful for the creativity that Ms. Mavor shows as she illustrates this book.  





The Very Hungry Caterpillar

By Eric Carle

Call #: JF C


The hungry caterpillar wormed its way into my heart when I was a girl, and I am thankful that children today can still enjoy it. 

No comments: